Talent Pool & Education Committee
The following documents and reports were either produced by the CIC Talent Pool & Education Committee or are related to the work of this committee. Click on the appropriate title in order to read or download the document. If you wish to comment on any of these documents or reports, please email the chairman.
Talent Pool & Education Documents
We are committed to working together with all facets of the collision repair industry to reach the following outcomes:
- Create an environment of collaboration among the collision industry that is focused on training, recruiting, hiring, and retaining future generations of collision repair industry employees.
- Minimize competition between segments of the industry and work together to portray the collision repair industry as a safe and viable industry for a career and to make it the reality.
- Incorporate new technology and the constant evolution of technology into the collision repair industry as a whole, From training and recruitment to ongoing education and certification.
- Provide the industry with straightforward and useful resources for education, training, recruiting, hiring, and retaining future generations of successful collision repair employees.
White Paper – writing guidelines and purpose:
- The WP initiative is a collaborative writing approach to include a wide amount of experience and varying backgrounds in the industry. It will not be written from the perspective of one company but from a group of Industry professionals passionate and knowledgeable about the subject matter. In addition to the writing teams we will be leaning on the experience of the larger entire committee to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible. Writing teams of 2-4 people were assembled on the 5 main topics: Career Path, Leadership, Apprenticeship, Recruitment and Skills.
- The WP will be a living document. It is supposed to give options and (consumable) choices that are best suited to every shop’s unique situation as a starting point.
2021-1-TPEducation Special Guest George Arrants, ASE, will present current survey data and statistics on people coming into the industry and technical colleges, and retention versus other trades. [Bud Center, Petra Schroeder]
2020-11-TPEducation Education & Talent Pool Committee [David Willett, Winston Cover]
2020-7-TPEducation Merging Talent Pool Committee with Education & Training Committee
2020-1-Education Entry-level Technician Task Expectations.
2020-1-TalentPool Committee Goals, Objectives, and ask for Help.
2019-11-Education Entry-level Training Committee – An ASE presentation and then a short interview of the Entry-Level Technician Task Expectations from the CREF Snapshot, a follow-up on the ASE Ed Foundation Survey and a discussion on Entry-Level tasks.
2019-11-TalentPool Industry and student survey results; next steps.
2019-7-TalentPool The new CIC Talent Pool Committee and Education and Training Committee joined forces to develop and explore solutions to the Recruitment and Retention challenges of our industry
2019-4-Education Critical Practices Beyond Scanning: Ask the Experts (Panel Discussion)
2019-4-Talent Pool A Critical Shortage; New Committee Information
2019-1-Education ADAS/Safety Systems Training Availability and Requirements Panel Discussion – A panel discussion with subject matter experts
2018-10-Education Task Force 1 Update: Review OEM study on Required Training Skills. Task Force 2 Update: Training Credentials follow-up
2018-8-Education Define, Identify & Catalogue Role-based, verifiable credentials / “ADAS & Safety Systems Technician”
2018-4-Education New Task Force Findings & Reviews: #1 OE Hands-on Training, #2 Role Based Credentials
2018-1-Education Industry Survey Results, Task Group Planning
2017-10-Education Technician Survey Results / Assessment / Recommendations
2017-7-Education Survey Data & Preliminary Analysis: Task Force Updates Task Force 1 – Technicians, Task Force 2 – OEM Manufacturer
2017-4-Education Task Force 1: Survey of Shop Personnel; Task Force 2: Survey of Paint Manufacturers and Others
2017-1-Education Survey Review / 2017 Initiatives
2016-8 Education Panel Discussion: In house technical training and development programs that really work
2016-4-Education Repairers Creating Training Programs and Suggestions for Supporting Local CTE
2016-1-Education AMI Update- Jeff Peevy President AMI; Chief Training Delivery Methods- Richard Perry OEM and Strategic Account Sales Manager; I-CAR New Classes and Delivery Methods-Nick Notte Director, Finance and Operations
2014-7-Education Mentoring Career & Technical Education Instructors on Preparing Students to Enter the Workforce
2014-4-Education Isocyanate Emphasis Program, OSHA announced NEP in June of 2013
2014-1-Education Overview of Isocyanates
2013-7-Education CIECA BMS, the value you can’t see – Fred Iantorno, CIECA
2013-4-Education Hazard Communication 2012
2012-4-Education Vehicle Technology Changing the Present and Future – Susanna Gotsch, CCC
2012-11-Education Demographic Trends Driving Car-Sharing Growth by CCC